Thursday 11 July 2013

What your vote means

I am becoming increasingly concerned by what is happening in British politics, and there is a general election in two years' time, so I thought I would share an unbiased appraisal of where UK political parties stand ideologically.  The linked document shows where they could have been placed in the political spectrum at the time of the 2010 general election.

If your browser is not good with hyperlinks, or you missed it: http://www.politicalcompass.org/ukparties2010

The reason I posted a link to an external page is so that my own political bias does not creep into proceedings.  Worse, I could dissuade someone from voting, and that would be the worst thing I could imagine.  Even if we were to make a protest vote in large numbers, it would be something, and would show whichever party we get in government that the people are at least prepared to turn out and vote.

It's two years away, at the time of writing.  Whichever way you plan to vote, please do vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment